Saturday, January 30, 2010

New Book

Hi ya'll!

I am reading a new book. Well, it is not new. It is newly unpacked. :-) The title is "Checklist for Life: 40 Days of Timeless Wisdom & Foolproof Strategies for Making the Most of Life's Challenges & Opportunities"

Long title, I know. I am a big fan of check lists so, this should be right up my alley. "To Do" lists are an essential part of my life. Even if there isn't one written down on an actual piece of paper, there is a "To Do" list in my head. Honestly, I have no idea what life would be like without one. It has been a habit of mine ever since elementary school. Seriously. Elementary School. So far, I can see a little bit of that in my son. He enjoys making lists too.

My husband says that I can not always count my productivity by the things that I mark off of the "list". However, I feel accomplished when the things are completed. Robby has said that I need to feel accomplished when I make others around me feel good about themselves or show God's love to my friends or family. Again, one of the many benefits of being married to a shrink!

So, that is something else that I am working on for 2010. Learning that it is ok to feel a sense of accomplishment even when I can not see the results is going to be tough, but I think that with a little encouragement and help, it can be done. Breaking old habits and changing old ways of thinking is hard. What about some of my readers out there? Do you feel better about yourself when you can see your accomplishments or when you can feel them intrinsically? I look forward to hearing from you and also keeping everyone up to date on my progress in this area of my life.

- the busy bee

No comments:

Post a Comment