Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Baby, it's cold outside!


Hello there! This is me, today, at work, attempting to get warm. I had on three shirts and a jacket and was still c-o-l-d. This native Floridian is not used to the frigid temperatures! I mean, shorts in December is a little ridiculous, and having actual seasons would be nice, but this cold feels like it is in my bones.

My poor "babies" can not go out and play so they are having to find "alternative" ways to expel their excess energy. That is teacher speak for mischief. Well, my co-teacher and I did take the kids out today at around 11:30 for about ten minutes because the kids needed to get out. Those brief few moments outside were all that we could take. It was so windy too! We told the kids to run, run, run so that they would warm up! I actually played tag football with some of the boys to try to get warmer. I was quarterback! lol Tomorrow is going to be even cooler so we will have to think fast and keep everyone busy. :-) My co-teacher is awesomely creative so we are going to have fun.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing to keep warm,
the busy bee

1 comment:

  1. This is the longest cold spell i can remember in a while.
    I don't like temps in the 20's and 30's. Burrrrrr.....!
    And being sick doesn't help. I keep telling myself at least we aren't out shoveling snow.

    love ya
    Mom

    ReplyDelete