Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wow!


This is a photo that I took back in October of 2007. It is from the boat and I was just learning to use my Nikon camera. In fact, I believe that this is from the first "roll" of film that I used. No, it isn't a film camera, but I have the habit of calling them rolls.

My husband and I were out fishing and exploring that day. It is hard to believe that we have been married for three years. It seems as though we have always been together and I believe our souls truly have been. I am just feeling a little nostalgic. It's hard to comprehend everything that has happened or changed in the world in the last ten years.

Ten years ago, people were worrying about Y2K and if at the stroke of midnight, Jesus would return. I was very ill on New Year's Even of 1999. I don't remember much of it because I was so sick. At that time, I lived in Lakeland and was about to start my second semester as a junior at Southeastern College (now Southeastern University). My fever was extremely high, my parents were at their home in Riverview, and my ex-inlaws were visiting from Mississippi. I can remember just laying on the couch, slipping in and out of sleep.

Ten years ago, my husband was backpacking on the Appalachian trail and stopped for the night in a shelter along the trail. It was cold so he bundled up under his sleeping bag and was then bitten by a rattle snake. He was obviously extremely ill and he was alone. I have seen the picture that he took of himself just in case he passed away and someone could find the picture to use as identification. We were miles away from one another, states away from each other, and we were both sick. How amazing is that? He was dating other people and I was married to someone else, however, I believe that our souls were bound together in such a way that even then we felt what the other was feeling.

Over the past decade I have had many blessings and many hurdles to jump. Even when my faith wavered, I knew that I was not alone and that God was there the whole time. My husband was not really alone during that rattle snake bite. He protected his life and watched over him while no one else could. For that, I am eternally thankful.

I believe that the next ten years are going to be among the best of our lives.

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,
the busy bee

No comments:

Post a Comment