Monday, December 28, 2009

Chills, hot flashes, chills again

Am I too young for this? Apparently not. It started last night; like something from a horror movie. I could not get comfortable in my own skin. First the blankets bothered me, then it was the sheets, then it was my clothes. The ceiling fan was on high, the small fan was also on high. Sweat poured from every pour of my body and I did not know that certain pours could sweat. Just as this was happening, I got cold - not cool, not chilly, cold. I got dressed, put slippers on my feet, wrapped up in my snuggie, then crawled back under the covers. Is that normal? Is it crazy?
So far today I have been running hot and cold for as long as I have been awake. As I sit here typing away at my computer, I am wrapped in the faithful pink softness of my snuggie.

To thank my husband for his patience during this zany time, I am baking a pound cake. It's one of his favorites and it is a dessert that I have never attempted to bake. Shhhhhhhh, it's a surprise. hahahaha I'm sure the smell will give it away soon enough. More updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment