Saturday, December 26, 2009

An example of true class vs. white trash with money.

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot! I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in
miracles." - Audrey Hepburn

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am way out of control and at times hard to handle. But, if you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best!" - Marilyn Monroe

Both of these ladies were beautiful in their own unique ways. However, the class in Audrey Hepburn's little finger far outshone the raw sex appeal of Marilyn Monroe. Think about it, ladies. As we age, our class is something that stays with us and even refines itself on a regular basis. It is like a rare jewel being polished to a perfectly dazzling sheen for everyone to admire. We just have to be open to this challenge and rise to the occasion. It is not always easy and often uncomfortable.

Pure, raw, sexuality is fleeting. Think about it for a moment. Like it or not, gravity is not our friend. It does not take much of an imagination to envision exactly what happens to the once voluptuous breasts or perfectly positioned tush of the body that everyone seemed to envy.

On the other hand, gravity too will have it's way on the body of the woman with class. It, however, will not affect her in the same way! This woman will age gracefully. She will accept her body's changes and "go with it". She will make the best of what the Lord God blessed her with, and her family and friends will be unable to tear their eyes away from this incredibly gorgeous woman. In fact, her beauty will only increase! How is this so? Is there some sort of secret that is being held from many of our world's population? Did Ponce deLeon really find the Fountain of Youth? Botox? Wonder bras?

I believe that the answer is a resounding "NO". If there is a secret, and there is, it is being completely content and happy within yourself. This does not mean being complacent. This means work with what you have naturally. It means accept yourself for you! If you are tall, embrace the height. If you are petite, enjoy the fact that you may be able to fit into places other "grown ups" can not. I guarantee your child/children will think it is the coolest thing ever if Mommy can play on the playground with them. Love yourself! Love the woman God created you to be. Do not compare yourself to the other women around you or in magazines or television.

Make it a point to look in the mirror and find something good about yourself. If you like your eyes, LOVE your eyes! Play up your best features. It has taken this woman thirty years to finally look at herself and see positive things. Think of all the time I wasted!

If I could teach young women anything, it would be that you are fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of Christ Jesus. When you complain about yourself (hair color, eye color, hair texture, skin tone, etc), you are actually slapping the Lord God Jehovah in the face and telling Him that He did not know what He was doing when He knit you together in your mother's womb. Think about it! His fingerprints are all over y-o-u. Two of my favorite scriptures are Psalm 139 and Jeremiah 29:11. If you do not know them, please take the time and look them up. Commit them to memory if you can. If you can not commit them to memory "word for word", please do yourself a favor and learn the basic gist. Tuck it away into your heart of hearts. Believe me, you will not regret it.

The busy bee

I have a son. It is the most amazing and life altering thing. I do not believe in raising him to believe that he thinks that he is "all that and a bag o' chips", however, my husband and I are teaching him to recognize that he is unique. God loves him.

No comments:

Post a Comment