Sunday, December 27, 2009

If you want to share some love, here is a great idea!

Cream Cheese Squares aka Chess Pie

Preheat oven to 35o degrees.
Mix 1 box of yellow cake mix, 1 stick of melted butter, and 1 egg together in a bowl to make a dough. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 (sprayed with Pam) pan.

Beat together an 8oz pkg of cream cheese (softened), 1 lb pkg of powdered sugar, 3 eggs, and 1 tsp vanilla. Make sure that there are no "lumps". Pour over crust.

Bake until golden brown (40-45 minutes). Allow to cool before cutting.

My Aunt in West Virginia makes these and I grew up on them. As my girl Rachael Ray says, "YUM-O!"

These things worked their magic into the heart and stomach of my husband. I have also heard of these being called "Ooey Gooey Butter Cake" and you can get creative with this. Some people drizzle melted chocolate over the top, use cherry pie filling on top, or blueberry pie filling. Really, you are only limited by your imagination!

Enjoy this wonderful Southern dessert and remember to S-H-A-R-E with those you love. This has been a late night public service announcement from a pre-kindergarten teacher. As I tell my students, "Sharing is caring."

Quit laughing, you know it's true! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Honey dear, as I've told you many times. I got to your Daddy's heart throught his love of my homemade cheese cake.
    ha ha
    Aunt Faye's Cheese Pie is my favorite too.

    Love ya!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete