Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thankful

Hello,

In this topsy turvy economy, I am so very thankful for the blessings in my life. I have a loving husband, a wonderful son, and many other "things" that I do not deserve. We have a home, plush beds, food to eat, and love to share. Many people in our own nation do not have those things and it tugs at my heart. God has truly blessed me and for that I am grateful. Please reach out to those in need not only at this Thanksgiving season, but all year long. Take care of our own before we go and take care of those in other nations. It is all about priorities.

I believe that in reaching out to others and meeting their needs, we are the actual hands of Christ here on earth. It doesn't have to be anything elaborate. Seriously. Meeting a need can be as simple as making an extra plate or two for your single neighbor. Think about it, do we really need to have leftovers? How about paying for the person behind you in the drive through or at the toll booth? Maybe I'm being idealistic, but it is so intrinsically rewarding to go beyond ourselves and give to others. Try it. You just might like it!

Thanking God for the blessings in my life,
- the busy bee

No comments:

Post a Comment