Monday, November 8, 2010

Ahhhhhhhhhh

Have you ever fed a lover
With just your hands
Close your eyes
And trusted, just trusted
Have you ever thrown
A fist full of glitter in the air
Have you ever looked fear in the face
And said I just dont care

Its only half past the point of no return
The tip of the iceberg
The sun before the burn
The thunder before the lightning
And the breath before the phrase
Have you ever felt this way...

Have you ever hated yourself
For staring at the phone
Your whole life waiting on the ring
To prove youre not alone
Have you ever been touched so gently
You had to cry
Have you ever invited a stranger
To come inside

Its only half past the point of oblivion
The hourglass on the table
The walk before the run
The breath before the kiss
And the fear before the phrase
Have you ever felt this way...

la la la la la la la la

There you are, sitting in the garden
Clutching my coffee, callin me sugar
You called me sugar

Have you ever wished for an endless night
Lassoed the moon and the stars
And pulled that rope tight
Have you ever held your breath
And asked yourself
Will it ever get better
Than tonight, tonight.......


Hello!

Love, love, love, love this song. It reminds me of falling in love for the first time. Real love. I can remember wishing for an endless night with my honey. We had been apart for nine years. Over that time I had thought of him, wondered what he was doing, and even dreamed of him. Would I admit it? No way! I thought that it would be a sin (I was married to someone else).

Back to the first night that I wished would never end. Well, he came to visit me and we had dinner together. I can remember the butterflies in my stomach! Wow, was I nervous. I can remember Robby commenting on how fast my heart was beating and I remember feeling my fact turn beet red because I didn't want to acknowledge it was because of him. What was wrong with me? hehehehehe After dinner, we watched a movie (The Notebook) and then slow danced. How romantic! It was like a missing piece of my heart was found as he held me in his arms. Then, I leaned up and kissed him. Yes, I made the first move to kiss him and it was amazing. Fireworks! If only that night would never end! It was about five or so in the morning when I tore myself away and went home. Just a few hours after we had breakfast and spent every minute of that Saturday together. Ahhhhhhh, memories.

That has been four years ago now AND there have been many more nights that I wished would never end. Real love doesn't have to get dull and boring. There are ups and downs, twists and turns, and lulls in the passion. BUT the best part is when that passion surges and you find yourself beside of your one true love after the roller coaster, you are more in love than ever before. Who would have ever thought that I, Alissa, am a hopeless romantic? Certainly not those talking to me during the black period of my first marriage. I hated the idea of marriage and romance because, well, I was mixed up in something that was totally and completely wrong. I wanted to prove to myself and to the world around me that I was grown and could make my own decisions. How laughable that is now! I threw away happiness with both hands and thank God in heaven my actions had a boomerang effect and happiness came back to me.

Floating on air,
- the busy bee

No comments:

Post a Comment