Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Playmates

The two girls sat on the bed playing dolls. A simple, tried and true game of dolls. The pure innocence on their faces was breathtaking. "Ok, I think I can hear my mommy calling me to come in for supper." said the girl on the left. "Oh, well, I guess we can play again tomorrow." responded the girl on the right.

Upon closer inspection, the girl on the left had shoulder length white hair. Her hands were gnarled and the veins stood out blue and green against white flesh. She was no longer a girl physically, for Janie was eighty four years old. In her mind, however, Janie was about five years old.

The girl on the right had waist length black hair. Her eyes sparkled at the thought of spending another afternoon playing with her friend. This girl was only four years old in body and in mind. She did not realize that there was anything "wrong" with Janie.

Each day they played dolls, sang songs, and genuinely enjoyed the company of one another.



So, this is a small tickle of an idea that I had in my mind late last night. Of course, this is a teaser and also a work in progress. ROUGH draft so be nice. ;-)

Alissa, the busy bee

No comments:

Post a Comment